You don’t have to be jewish to listen, but it wouldn’t hurt…
On The Kibitz, Dan Crane hosts insightful conversations about the rise in anti-Semitism, Jews and comedy, Jewish education, noshing, kosher meat and animal welfare, more noshing, lesser-known Jewish holidays, unplugging for Shabbat, religious and gender fluidity, and Frank Sinatra’s surprising lifelong history of Jewish activism. We’ve been featured on Splitsider.com, JWeekly.com, and were listed as one of the top-10 Jewish podcasts in Moment Magazine.
- Over 150k streams since launch in Dec, 2015
- David Wain (Role Models, Wet Hot American Summer)
- Moshe Kasher (Netflix, Comedy Central)
- Michael Showalter (The Big Sick, Search Party)
- David Baddiel (UK comedian)
- AJ Jacobs (Bestselling author)
- Joel Stein (Time magazine)
- Jonathan Weisman (NY Times)
- Jonathan Lethem (Author—Motherless Brooklyn)
- Dan Patterson (Whose Line is it Anyway?)
- Laura Gabbert (Director, City of Gold)
- Jeff Goldblum (Yes—THE Jeff Goldblum—playing jazz and telling jokes)
The Kibitz is available on iTunes, Soundcloud, and you can also follow us on twitter.
A five-episode limited series hosted by the Diffusion Network. The Thin Layer was funded by the Gates Foundation and produced by Storythings in the UK.
Soil is at the center of many of the most important stories of our time. It’s where we grow our food. It’s where we find our medicines. The microbes in soil outnumber the stars in the galaxy, and without them life above ground would be impossible. Climate change, desertification, colonizing Mars, the biggest pandemic you’ve never heard of—soil’s the unsung hero, or the villain hiding in plain sight.
There’s a saying: “Man has only a thin layer between himself and starvation.” It’s true, and it’s also about much more than that. Let us guide you on this journey through dirt.
Developed and Presented by Dan Crane
Written by Ian Steadman & Eli Lee
Sound design by Laura Irving
Made with the support of The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.